Staff Spotlight for June 2016: Robin Simpson

Posted On June 8, 2016
Categories Staff Spotlight
Robin Simpson

Robin Simpson

What is your title? I’m currently the Administrative Assistant for the Administrative Services department in the College of Law.

Would you like to share a little about your immediate family or family history? My family is from Barnesville, Georgia (so I’m very in love with the Country Life). My dad grew up in Atlanta, and my mom is from Memphis, Tennessee. I’m also an older sister to my younger brother, who is turning 16 this year (I don’t think I’m ready for that).

How long have you been working at Georgia State University? I’ve been with Georgia State University College of Law since October 2005.

What do you do on a typical day? For me there is no “typical day.” Normally, I supervise the front desk and make sure things are running effectively. Daily, I reserve rooms, process invoices/contracts, order supplies, etc. Once all that is in order, I also support 14 faculty members. So, I help them with anything needed: travel authorization forms, travel expense forms, reimbursements, copy request, etc.

What is your background? I grew up in Decatur, Georgia, and later my family moved to Rex, Georgia, where I completed high school. I’m in my last year of college (Graduation time coming soon *excitement*), where I will have my BS in Criminal Justice.

What do you do when you are not at work? Hello….My name is Robin Simpson, and I’m an Arts & Crafts fanatic! When I’m not at work, I love to be creative. Anything that involves redecorating, crocheting, or sewing puts me in a happy mood. I’m also a pet lover, so whenever I get an opportunity to spend time outside with my fur babies is also relaxing.

What is your favorite thing in your office? My favorite items in my office are my cheetah accessories. I like to make my work environment feel comfortable and home-like (and cheetah does the job!!)

What don’t people know about you? I love to cook!!! I create different meals on the weekends sometimes.

If you weren’t working at Georgia State, what would your ideal job be? I would create my own cosmetic line with make-up, nail polish, and natural hair products.