Staff Spotlight – Laquidria Lowe

Posted On October 10, 2016
Categories Uncategorized
Laquidria Lowe

Laquidria Lowe

What is your title? Administrative Coordinator, Neuroscience

Would you like to share a little about your immediate family or family history? My great-grandparents were married for an entire lifetime-83 years. What’s also interesting about my family history is both sets of great-grandparents lived to be a 100 years. Let’s just say I am very fortunate to have longevity on both sides of my family.

How long have you been working at Georgia State University? I have been working at Georgia State for 2 years

What do you do on a typical day? I work in a high-secured area so my typical day involves: Escorting visitors to their designated areas, running errands, and processing departmental and sponsored-related travel authorizations, reimbursements, and invoices for faculty, staff, and students.

How do you think your job supports the university’s mission? I play a small part in the accounting areas of the university. When processing travel, invoices, and reimbursements I always make sure that I have the required documentation. Even though it is a small portion, it helps keep the university’s auditing and financial processes in good standing.

What is your background? I attended Georgia College & State University, where I received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology.

What do you do when you are not at work? I am a movie fanatic! I love watching movies with family and friends. I also take mini road trips with friends, whether it’s visiting family members or visiting beautiful beaches.

What is your favorite thing in your office? My favorite thing to do in the office is work. Okay who am I kidding! I love to interact with my fellow co-workers. We talk about current world events or funny things! We definitely laugh a lot and it makes coming to work so much easier when you have an atmosphere full of positivity, humor, and just plain fun!

What don’t people know about you? There is something so fascinating about the aging process. I love conversing with the baby-boomers of the world because they provide so much wisdom! I’m just so in love with them!