Staff Spotlight July 2017 – Christine Robinson

Posted On June 27, 2017
Categories Staff Spotlight
  1. Christine Robinson

Christine Robinson

What is your title? Administrative Specialist Admin & NLA Campus Executive Director

1. Would you like to share a little about your immediate family or family history?
    I have a 5 year old daughter- McKinley. I am the baby of 9 children.
  1. How long have you been working at Georgia State University? 6 years
  1. What do you do on a typical day?  I support the day to day operations of the Andrew Young School’s Dean’s Office, I assist our Assistant Dean with college level scholarships and I am the NLA Campus Executive Director, and I am responsible for coordinating our Annual AYS Honor’s Day program.
  1. What do you do when you are not at work? I write poetry. I have copy written work and I am working on possibly self-publishing. I also make personalized gel candles.
  1. What is your favorite thing in your office? Pictures of my daughter.
  1. What don’t people know about you? I am also a certified bartender.
  1. If you weren’t working at Georgia State, what would your ideal job be? Possibly creating a non-profit organization that helps young women value themselves as they discover who that are and what they want to with their lives.
  1. What is your title/group name? NLA Campus Executive Director/ NLA (Non-Profit Leadership Alliance)
  2. Tell us a little about your group’s purpose/mission. The mission of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance is to strengthen the social sector with a talented and prepared workforce. Students that join our NLA program earn the (CNP). The Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential is the only national credential that combines critical skills and knowledge, practical experience and a national perspective.
  1. How long has the group been formed/working together? The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance was founded as American Humanics in 1948 by H. Roe Bartle. Georgia State (AYSPS) has been affiliated with the national office for 9 years.
  1. Highlight some of your accomplishments? http://aysps.gsu.edu/nonprofit-leadership-alliance-student-organization/