Staff Spotlight for October 2017: Jessica Ingram

Posted On October 10, 2017
Categories News

Officer

photos

Officer Jessica Ingram

1. What is your title?
    Police officer II
  1. Would you like to share a little about your immediate
    family?
    My immediate family consists of my mother and brother who all reside in the metro Atlanta area. My sister lives in Ohio, and my dad lives in Florida. My  mother is a retired Programs Operation Manage from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
  1. How long have you been working at Georgia State University?
    I’ve been employed here for a little over a year.
  1. What do you do on a typical day?
    My daily operations consist of ensuring the safety and well-being of all faculty, staff, and students. I patrol a broad spectrum of the downtown area via, foot, golf-cart, or vehicle. I always try to engage in conversation with the people I come across mainly because I enjoy conversing but more so to show that all cops are not the same and that we have our unique personalities.
  1. How do you think your job supports the university’s mission?
    As a police officer, our priority is the safety of anyone who steps foot on our campus. Georgia State University is a profound university; therefore GSU police along with Dr. Becker work collectively at all times to ensure we are upholding the values and ethics set forth by the University.
  1. What is your background?
    I am a graduate of Fort Valley State University Class of 2011. Upon graduating, I immediately began my law enforcement career. May 2011 I started working for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation as a Systems Administrator. In October 2012 I began working for the Intelligence Unit with the GBI as an Investigative Assistant until February 2014. July 2014 I began working for the Municipal Court of Atlanta as a Warrant Technician, and I remained here until March of 2016. Upon leaving the court system, I then came, to Georgia State University. I am also a member of Georgia National Guard, and I am currently pursuing my Masters in Public Administration.
  1. What do you do when you are not at work?
    My family is a critical element in my life. So when not working I spend most of my time traveling and engaging in activities that involve them. The time I get to myself I enjoy reading, traveling, trying new food dishes, and outdoor activities.
  1. What is your favorite thing in your office?
    Unfortunately, I do not have an office, but once upon a time when I did have one I enjoyed my flowers and being able to look out my window to see the city view.
  1. What don’t people know about you?
    I like to engage in ATV motorsports, river-rafting, and baking.
  1. If you weren’t working for Georgia State University, what would your ideal job be?
    My ultimate goal is to become a state or federal agent, or detective.