For the purposes of promoting education in Georgia and supplementing work life balance, each full time, regular employee is eligible for up to eight (8) paid hours of Education Support Leave per calendar year. Such leave is in addition to, and not charged against, an employee’s other leave.
Any full time, regular employee of the University System of Georgia, may request to use and be considered for education support leave. This leave will be available to all eligible employees, both parents of students and non-parents, and may be considered for activities supporting public, private, and home school achievement.
Only activities directly related to student achievement and academic support will qualify for education support leave. Such activities may range from early care and learning through higher education.
Activities that promote education in Georgia may include, but are not limited to, some of the following:
- Attend Parent/Teacher conferences
- Participate in classroom activities, such as reading to a class or presenting on career day
- Tutor students without receiving compensation
- Proctor examinations
- Attend award and recognition ceremonies or graduation exercises
- Participate in field day activities or chaperone field trips
- Attend open house functions
Visit the following link for more on Education Support Leave